BHRIGU LAKE TREK
Duration: 3 Days
Highest Altitude: 14,009 ft
Average Temperature: Day time: 13°C-18°C; Night time: 0°C-7°C
Cost: Rs.6999/- (Min – 5 Trekker)
Bhrigu Lake is a picturesque high altitude glacial lake located at 14,009 ft in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh. This lake is named after Rishi Bhrigu, a great saint who meditated on the banks of lake thousands of years ago. Usually, it takes days of trekking and crossing difficult terrains to reach such high altitude glacial lake. But Bhrigu lake is the only high altitude glacial lake which can be reached in just two days of the trekking.
It changes its colour every week sometimes it is completely frozen. At times its water is green. At other times its colour changes to royal blue. Bhrigu lake trek is a delight for beginners as it can be done in only three days.
From day one you get to trek on the picturesque undulating meadows. These lush green meadows are unending with a splendid view of the mighty Himalayan peaks of Hanuman Tibba and Seven Sisters Peak. Throughout the trek, you will be captivated by the changing scenic vistas, an overwhelming trekking experience. It is a perfect alternative to another weekend trek like NAG TIBBA TREK.
Best Time To Visit Bhrigu Lake
The trek to Bhrigu lake is open from mid-May to October. But the best time to visit it is before June and after August. June to August is the monsoon season when the weather is usually bad and there is a high probability of landslides.
Day 1: Drive for 1hr from Manali to reach Gulaba. Then trek for 5hrs to reach Rola Kholi (12,566 ft).
Day 2: Drive for 1hr from Manali to reach Gulaba. Then trek for 5hrs to reach Rola Kholi (12,566 ft).
Day 3: Trek from Rola Kholi to Gulaba. Then drive to Manali. 3-4 hours, 5 km. Reach Manali by 3:30 pm.
How to Reach
Bhuntar is the nearest airport to Manali. From Bhuntar airport taxi-services are available which will cost you around Rs.700- Rs.1000.
Delhi to Manali is well connected by numerous bus services. You can take an overnight bus from Delhi to reach Manali.
Day 1: Manali To Gulaba To Rola Kholi
- Our representative will receive you at the government bus stand, Manali before 9 am. From Manali, a drive of one hour for 24 km will take you to Gulaba via Manali-Rohtang pass road. Gulaba is the buzzing place with tourist and is the starting point of the trek.
- In the beginning, the trail passes through the dense forest and open to lush green meadows now and then. It is a delight to walk on these picturesque meadows.
- After some time, you will reach a point where you will have a splendid view of the snow-capped mountain peak of Mt. Hanuman Tibba in the background. Just below the Mt. Hanuman Tibba are the Seven Sister Peaks.
- Continuing on this trail will take you to the Rola Khuli, a lush green meadow. It is used as grazing ground by local shepherds. With gushing water streams nearby and located at the base of Bhrigu lake its is the perfect campsite.
Day 2: Rola Khuli To Bhrigu lake And Return To Rola Khuli
- Today’s day will start early as we have to trek a long distance with a steep climb. The trail from Rola Khuli to Bhrigu lake is steep and full of boulders and scree. As we continue to trek the trail colour changes from green to brown and ultimately white.
- After some time we will reach a ridge from where we can see an oval-shaped lake at a distance. Continue on this ridge towards the lake with the panoramic view of the Pir Pinjal and Dhauladhar Ranges. Reaching near the lake is a delight as one is awestruck by the view of the frozen lake.
- After spending some time at the lake retrace your way back to Rola Khuli.
Day 3: Rola Khuli To Gulaba To Manali
- The last day of the trek is an easy one. You will descend through the same meadows you came from to reach Gulaba. It will take 3-4 hrs. From Gulaba we will drive to Manali reaching there by 2-3pm.
- Accommodation (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Transport from Dehradun to Sari Village and return.
- Trekking permits
- Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent and utensils)
- First aid medical kits
- Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
- Mules to carry central equipment.
- Meals during the transit.
- Any personal expenses.
- Mules to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.
As per demand.