Duration: 3 Days
Highest Altitude: 13,000 ft
Pickup Point: Delhi
Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year
7000 / Rs.5999 + 5% GST (Delhi To Delhi)
Chopta Chandrashila Trek is a rare weekend trek where you have a blend of two treks. On the first day, you trek to the picturesque Deoria Tal. And on the second day, you climb to the Chandrsahila top, know for the best summit views among all trek.
Located at an altitude of 7998.6 ft in Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand Deoria Tal is an alluring destination for adventurers. It is surrounded by the luxuriant green forest with a panoramic view of the majestic Himalayan peaks. Some of them are Chaukhamba, Neelkantha, Banderpunch, Kedar range and the Kalanag.
Deoria Tal has a stunning view of the reflection of Chaukhamba peak on a clear morning. Short and easy trek of 3 km from Sari Village leads to the lake.
Located at an altitude of 8790 ft and surrounded by forests, Chopta is a destination with so much to witness and relish. It is a part of Kedarnath wildlife sanctuary. And is also base for trekking to Tungnath and Chandrashila.
Chopta is like a paradise with lush green pastureland, tiny hamlets and majestic views of the Himalayas. Being located at just 165 Km from Rishikesh and easily accessible, it is one of the best weekend getaways.
Chandrashila- Moon Rock
It is the summit of the Chandranath Parvat on which the Tungnath temple of Panch Kedar is located. The majestic Chandrashila summit serves as a vantage point that offers a heavenly panorama of the Great Himalayas.
This beautiful trek takes you through picturesque meadows, deodar forest and the holy shrine of Tungnath temple.
With such stunning views and being in close proximity to Delhi, Chopta Chandrashila Trek is among the best weekend trek near Delhi.
DAY 0: Pick from Delhi at 10 pm from Akshardham metro station and drive for 6hrs from Delhi to Rishikesh.
DAY 1: Drive from Rishikesh for 8-10 hrs to reach Sari village. After lunch at Sari Village trek for 2 hrs to reach Deoria Tal. Overnight stay in tents.
DAY 2: After breakfast descend to Sari Village. Then drive for 1 hour to reach Chopta. From Chopta Trek for 4 hrs to reach Tungnath temple(12073 ft) and Chandrashilla Top(16,076.12 ft). Return to Chopta. Overnight stay at guest house.
DAY 3: After breakfast drive for 8-10 from Chopta to Rishikesh. Then Drive 6 hrs from Rishikesh to Delhi.
Note: Batch Size – Mini 6 – Max 16 Trekkers
1. Accommodation- Tents ( Double Sharing) and Guest House ( Double / Triple Sharing)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.) – Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner on the first day. Breakfast, Pack Lunch and Dinner on the second day. Breakfast on the third day. Note During transit from Delhi to Sari village breakfast is not included.
3. Transport from Delhi To Chopta and return. Mode Of Transport will be a comfortable car, Ertiga, Innova or traveller etc. from Delhi.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent and utensils)
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
1. Meals during the transit.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
28 Dec – 30 Dec – 6 Seats left
30 Dec – 1 Jan – 2 Seat left
4 Jan – 6 Jan – ( Departure on 3 Jan at 11 pm) –
11 Jan – 13 Jan – ( Departure on 10 Jan at 11 pm)
18 Jan – 20 Jan – ( Departure on 17 Jan at 11 pm)
25 Jan – 27 Jan – ( Departure on 24 Jan at 11 pm)
- You can customize the dates but there should be at least 6 or 12 0r 16 people
Day 0:Drive from Delhi to Rishikesh
- We will pick you up from Akshardham metro station at 10 pm. Then we will drive towards Rishikesh.
- We will reach Rishikesh by 5-6 am.
Day 1:Rishikesh To Sari Village To Deoria Tal
- From Rishikesh, we will continue our journey towards Sari Village.
- The road to Sari village passes through Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Ukhimath reaching Sari Village at around 3 pm.
- The most notable stop on the way will be at Devaprayag- a town marking the confluence of Alaknanda and Bhagirathi river. The river will be in company with you throughout the journey.
- On reaching Sari Village we will have a filling lunch. After lunch, you will be briefed about the trek and various do’s and don’ts while trekking. The trek from Sari village to Deoria Tal is easy with trek distance of just 3 km approx.
- At the beginning of the trek, the trail climbs up and continues for almost 1 hour. Throughout this patch whole trail is rocky with the view of Sari village on your left side. You will also find a small temple beside the trail after 30 min.
- After 1 hour of the trek, the trail enters the dense forest with lush green trees. This trails directly opens at Deoria Tal after 1 hr trek. We will reach Deoriatal campsite at around 5 Pm.
- At the campsite, you will have evening snacks and then Dinner at 8 Pm.
Day 2:Deoria Tal To Sari To Chopta To Tungnath- Chandrashilla To Chopta
- After early breakfast at 7:30 am, we will descend to Sari Village. At Sari village, you will be briefed about today’s trek and then we will drive for 30 min to reach Chopta. We will reach Chopta by 10 am.
- By 10:15 am we will start trek to Tungnath shrine, the third temple of Panch Kedar. Initially, the trek is a little steep, but towards the last part of the trek, it is relatively flat.
- Throughout the trek, you will have a picturesque view of green expanses of alpine meadows, a flock of sheep grazing, Himalayan birds and rare species of flora and fauna. Arriving at the holy shrine of Tungnath temple, one can witness age-old architecture and pay obeisance to it.
- Here onwards, the ascend will be a steeper and will take around 1 hour to reach the Chandrashilla top. The peak offers a 360-degree view of the mighty Himalayan peaks of Trishul, Chaukhamba and Kedar. After spending some time, return to Chopta by 4 pm.
- At Chopta you will be transferred to the guest house for overnight stay.
Day 3:Chopta To Rishikesh To Delhi
- After early breakfast at 7 am we will drive back to Delhi via Rishikesh. You will reach Delhi by 8 pm.