CHOPTA CHANDRASHILLA TREK
Duration: 3 Days
Highest Altitude: 16,076.12 ft
Average Temperature: Day time: 8°C-15°C; Night time: -5°C -3°C
Chopta: Mini Switzerland
- Located at an altitude of 8790 ft and surrounded by forests of pine, deodar and rhododendron, Chopta is a destination with so much to witness and relish. It is a part of Kedarnath wildlife sanctuary and is also base for trekking to Tungnath, Chandrasilla.
- Chopta is like a paradise with lush green pastureland, tiny hamlets and majestic views of the Himalayas. Being located at just 165 Km from Rishikesh and easily accessible, it is one of the best weekend getaways.
Chandrashila: Moon Rock
- It is the summit of the Chandranath Parvat on which the Tungnath temple of Panch Kedar is located. The majestic Chandrashila summit serves as a vantage point that offers a heavenly panorama of the Great Himalayas.
- This beautiful trek takes you through picturesque meadows, deodar forest and the holy shrine of Tungnath temple.
DAY 1: Reach Chopta 8 hours drive from Rishikesh. Transport will be arranged from Rishikesh bus terminal at 6 am.
DAY 2: Trek to Tungnath temple(12073 ft) and Chandrashilla Top(16,076.12 ft). Return to camp for lunch.
DAY 3: Drive from Chopta to Rishikesh.
Day 1: Drive from Rishikesh to Chopta
- We will pick you up from Rishikesh at around 6 am in the morning, and will then head towards Chopta. The road passes through Devprayag and Rudraprayag reaching Chopta at around 3 pm.
- The most notable stop on the way will be at Devaprayag- a town marking the confluence of Alaknanda and Bhagirathi. The river will be in company with you throughout the journey.
- On the way to Chopta, we will have a filling lunch. At Chopta enjoy delicious evening snacks with a bonfire, music, dance and then dinner.
Day 2: Trek to Tungnath and Chandrashilla top
- After an early breakfast, start trek to Tungnath shrine, the third temple of Panch Kedar. Initially, the trek is a little steep, but towards the last part of the trek, it is relatively flat.
- Throughout the trek, you will have a picturesque view of green expanses of alpine meadows, a flock of sheep grazing, Himalayan birds and rare species of flora and fauna. Arriving at the holy shrine of Tungnath temple, one can witness age-old architecture and pay obeisance to it.
- Here onwards, the ascend will be a steeper and will take around 1 hour to reach the Chandrashilla top. The peak offers a 360-degree view of the mighty Himalayan peaks of Trishul, Chaukhamba and Kedar. After spending some time, return to camp for lunch.
- Spend rest of the day at the campsite by immersing in various activities and sightseeing.
Day 3: Drive to Rishikesh
- After breakfast, we will board the bus and will drive back to Rishikesh. You can spend your time in Rishikesh immersing in cultural activities and adventure sports in the waters of Ganges.
1. Accommodation (Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Transport from Rishikesh to Chopta and return.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent and utensils)
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
8. Mules to carry central equipment.
1. Meals during the transit.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- The following refund shall be payable to the user in case of valid cancellation of a booking:
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.