Are you one of those people who have always wanted to trek majestic heights of the Himalaya? Have you been holding yourself back because you are not sure if you can pull it off? Do not worry, Dayara Bugyal trek is the perfect, easy to moderate trek for beginners. It has got everything, beautiful scenic landscapes, stunning mountain views, and lush green alpine meadows. The vivid textures of the alpine meadows will entice you to pull yourself from the bootstraps and get going. If you have been waiting for inspiration, this is it. Dayara Bugyal will offer you all the motivation you need to begin a new and exciting adventure.
Things to know about Dayara Bugyal trek
The starting point of the amazing trek of Dayara Bugyal resides in the tiny beautiful mountain village of Raithal. It is one of the most easily accessible trekking destinations in the Himalayas. The whole trail of the Dayara Bugyal trek is surrounded by the unending yet delightfully delicate meadows. Trekking right through the middle of this verdant wilderness, you will scale the spectacular Himalayan heights. And the best is yet to come. As you will reach the higher points, you will witness the awe-inspiring view of mighty Himalayan peaks and the incomparably dreamy Bakaria Top. From the thrilling heights of these breezy spots, you will encounter the untamed beauty of mountains.
The trail for all-seasons
If you are wondering when is the right time to trek Dayara Bugyal, the trekking season usually lasts throughout the year. But the trail of Dayara Bugyal trek keeps switching the color palate of its scenery with every season. The trail is covered with snow during the winter, while vibrant colors are galore during the summers. As you prepare your legs for this challenge, your eyes will experience the mystical allure of mountains.
Day 0: Delhi to Dehradun
- Drive from Delhi to Dehradun
- Pick up Location – Akshardham Metro Station
- Pick up time – 11:00 pm
- Total Distance – 250 Km
- Time Taken – 5-6 Hours
The journey will start on day 0 at 11 pm. We will pick you up from Akshardham metro station and drive towards Dehradun. During the journey, we will take a 30 min break to get refresh.
We will reach Dehradun by 5-6 am.
Day 1: Dehradun to Raithal
- Drive from Dehradun To Raithal
- Total Distance – 186 Km
- Time Taken – 7- 8 Hours
- Accommodation – Homestay
- Altitude Of Raithal – 7,349 ft
From Dehradun, we will continue our journey towards Raithal.
The drive to Raithal will take you through lovely forest stretches and scenic mountains of mussoorie, Dhanulti and Uttarkashi. At Dhanulti we will take 1 hr break for breakfast.
For most parts of the journey, you will be driving next to the famed Bhagirathi river.
On approaching closer to Raithal, you will get the first glimpse of Gangotri range, Shrikanth peak from Moryana top. Halt here for some time and capture the mesmerising view of these Himalayan peaks. The view of these mighty Himalayan peaks gets bigger, on reaching Raithal village. Raithal is a quaint village just 38 km away from the beautiful city of Uttarkashi.
You will reach Raithal by 1-2 Pm for lunch. Post lunch you can explore the village which host some ancient architect, beleived to be 500 years old. Among them is the house of king Gambhir Singh Rana and an ancient hindu temple.
Your stay at raithal will be in a guest house or in an authentic homestay.
Day 2: Raithal to Gui
- Trek from Raithal To Gui
- Trek Distance: 4 Km (approx)
- Time Taken: 3-4 hrs
- Accommodation: Tents
- Altitude: 7,349 ft to 9,750 ft
The second day of the trek will begin after the scrumptious breakfast and short briefing by Trek Leader. The trail from Raithal to Gui is short and easy to trek. But there is no water source on the way. Therefore every trekker is advised to carry sufficient water from Raithal. The trek today will take you through the gorgeous farm fields of Raithal village, scenic small clearings and dense oak and rhododendron forest.
After a thrilling 4 hours trek, you will reach Gui Campsite, which is a small clearing surrounded by pine forest. You will also find a small pond and some quaint huts near the campsite.
Day 3: Gui To Dayara To Raithal
- Trek From Gui To Dayara Bugyal To Raithal
- Trek Distance: 11 km
- Time Taken: 7-8 Hrs
- Accommodation: Tents
- Altitude: 9,750 ft to 12,100 ft ft
Today the trek to Dayara via Chilapada is an easy hike, mostly through the forest. Throughout the hike, you will have a picturesque view of other mighty Himalayan peaks. On reaching the Chelapada you will come across a flowing water stream.
After a short hike from Chelapada, you will reach the lush green meadows of Dayra, locally known as Bugyals. These meadows are vast and undulating with a view of mighty Himalayan peaks. While trudging on these meadows, you will be awestruck by the colourful flowers blooming all around.
Continuing on the meadows, you will reach the final climb. A bit steep but worth as you will end up standing in front of the Dodital range and might Bandarpoonch peak. Enjoy the picturesque view all around and return to Gui campsite for lunch.
Post lunch you will return to Raithal, which will take 2 hrs-3 hrs. Your overnight stay will be in Raithal homestay.
Day 4: Raithal to Dehradun to Delhi
On the last day of your trek, after delicious breakfast you will drive back to Delhi via Dehradun. You will reach Dehradun by 1 Pm and Delhi by 10 Pm.
How we will ensure your safety during the trek in times of Covid-19
- All the vehicles will be sanitized before picking trekkers.
- Trekkers temperature will be checked before departure and during the trek.
- All the trekkers and our staff will be wearing a mask during the whole process.
- All the tents, sleeping bags, mats and homestay rooms will be sanitized before and after use.
- Social distancing norm will be followed.
- We will also follow all the SOP’s issued by the government.
- Accommodation – Guest House or Homestay at Raithal. Dome Tent at all campsite.
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Transport- Delhi to Raithal and return. Mode of transport will be Innova Car or Traveller.
- All trekking permits
- Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent and utensils)
- First aid medical kits
- Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
- Mules to carry central equipment.
- Meals during the transit.
- Any personal expenses.
- Mules to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- 24 Oct – 27 Oct – (Open) – (Departure on 23 Oct at 11 pm)
- 31 Oct – 3 Nov – (Open) – (Departure on 29 Oct at 11 pm)
- 7 Nov – 10 Nov (Open) – (Departure on 6 Nov at 11 pm)
- 21 Nov – 24 Nov (Open)- (Departure on 20 Nov at 11 pm)
- 28 Nov – 1 Dec (Open) – (Departure on 27 Nov at 11 pm)
- 5 Dec- 8 Dec – (Open)- (Departure on 4 Dec at 11 pm)
- 12 Dec – 15 Dec – (Open)- (Departure on 11 Dec at 11 pm)
- 19 Dec – 22 Dec – (Open)- (Departure on 18 Dec at 11 pm)
- 23 Dec – 26 Dec – (Open)- (Departure on 22 Dec at 11 pm)
- 24 Dec – 27 Dec – (Open)- (Departure on 23 Dec at 11 pm)
- 25 Dec – 28 Dec – (Open)- (Departure on 24 Dec at 11 pm)
- 30Dec – 2 Jan- (Open)- (Departure on 29 Dec at 11 pm)
Note: You can customize the dates but there should be at least 6 trekkers.
- The following refund shall be payable to the user in case of valid cancellation of a booking:
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.