DAYARA BUGYAL TREK
Duration: 6 Days
Highest Altitude: 12,075 ft
Average Temperature: Day time: 18°C-13°C; Night time: 0°C-5°C
- Dayara Bugyal is considered as one of the most breathtaking highland meadows trek. Bugyal in local lingo means pasture land at high altitude.
- Located in District Uttarkashi of Uttrakhand, it stands tall at an elevation of above 10,000 foot.
- Dayara Bugyal trek goes through the dense forest of maple and oak forest and opening on green expanses of alpine meadows of Dayara Bugyal. December to March is the best time to trek as the trails sparkle with snow.
- This trek is a great option for beginners due to easy trails. All the campsite are beautiful and scenic.
DAY 1: Reach Raithal; 9 hours drive from Dehradun. Transport will be arranged from Dehradun Railway Station at 6.30 am.
DAY 2: Raithal (7,400 ft) to Gui (9,500 ft), 4-5 hours
DAY 3: Gui (9,500 ft) to Chilapada (9,884 ft), 3-4 hours
DAY 4: Chilapada(9,884 ft) to Dayara Top (12,057 ft) and back Gui (9,500 ft), 5-6 hours
DAY 5: Gui (9,500 ft) to Raithal, 3-4 hours
DAY 6: Drive from Raithal to Dehradun
Day 1: Dehradun to Raithal
- Raithal a quaint village is around 38 km away from Uttarkashi. The drive takes you through lovely forest stretches and next to the Bhagirathi river for most parts of the journey.
- You will get the first glimpse of Gangotri range, Shrikanth peak from Moryana top. Halt for some time and capture the mesmerising view of these Himalayan peaks.
- The view of the peaks gets bigger on approaching closer to Raithal, Shrikanth peak is one of the prominent peaks from here. You will spend the night in the guest house or get an authentic homestay.
Day 2: Raithal to Gui
- The trail gradually ascends from Raithal to Gui. The trail passes quickly from Raithal village and opens to the village fields.
- The route to the campsite is well marked and the campsite at Gui always remains in the line of sight.
- The trail is ascending gradually hence it will take around 4-5 hours to reach to the next resting point.
- Gui campsite is located in a small clearing inside the forest. There is a small tal close by. You will come across the quaint village huts near the campsite.
- The view from Gui is almost the same as from Raithal, with clear views of Gangotri range and Shrikanth peak.
Day 3: Gui to Chelapada
- The trail rises slowly as the forest clears and the next camping site of Chelapada will come. It will be a small hike. There is a flowing stream beside the camping site
- You might get to see some snow on the trail. Except for Bandarpoonch, which is mostly visible, you will also have a picturesque view of other mighty Himalayan peaks.Post lunch you must hike around and explore the surroundings.
Day 4: Chelapada to Dayara top and back Gui
- Today you will hike to the topmost point and return to the campsite. With the first few steps under forest, the trail gradually opens up, leading to vast meadows.
- Hereafter, you will find yourself trudging on the green meadows blossomed with colourful flowers.
- The final climb is steep but it is worth because you will end up standing in front of the Dodital range. Bandarpoonch seems a touching distance away.
- The trail from here moves towards the Gidara pass. Pass distinguishes ways to Pichkiya and Gidara Bugyal.
- Enjoy the picturesque view of the landscape and then return to the campsite.
Day 5: Gui to Raithal
- It takes about 4 hours to reach Raithal, so wake up early and start your day’s trek.
- The trail as you might have guessed is easy descent till Raithal. Throughout the trail, descend under a heavy canopy of forest cover.
- The arch of Raithal marks the end of the trek. Your overnight stay will be in Raithal.
Day 6: Raithal to Dehradun
- This will be a 7 hours ride, between the mountains, valleys and Bhagirathi river.
- The river which guided us throughout the trek. You will reach Dehradun by 3 to 4 PM, from here you can lead your return journey as you have planned.
1. Accommodation (Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Transport from Dehradun to Raithal and return.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent and utensils)
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
8. Mules to carry central equipment.
1. Meals during the transit.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- The following refund shall be payable to the user in case of valid cancellation of a booking:
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.