Duration: 3 Days
Highest Altitude: 9,650 ft
Kakeri lake, a picturesque lake nestled in the laps of the Himalayas is a perfect destination for a weekend trek. It is a high altitude, freshwater lake south of the Dhauladhar range in Kangra district, Himachal Pradesh. Kareri Lake trek is one of the most scenic alpine treks in Himachal Pradesh that passes through green meadows, forest of Silver Oak, Pines and Rhododendron.
Day 1: Reach Kakeri village (5,900ft) 2 hours drive (25km) from Dharamshala (4750ft). Then trek 4-5 hours (6km) to reach Liyoti(8,000ft).
Day 2: Trek from Liyoti to Kareri Lake(9,650ft) – 4-5 hours (7km)
Day 3: Trek 5-6 hours (13 km) from Kareri Lake to Kareri Village and drive to Dharamshala
Day 1: Dharamshala to Kareri Village to Liyoti
- We will pick you at 8 am in the morning from Dharamshala. Then we’ll drive to Kareri village which will approximately take 2 hr. On reaching Kakeri village you will be briefed about the trek. You can keep your extra luggage here.
- Trek to Liyoti is about 6km and mostly steep climb. It passes through scenic forest and grasslands. On the way, you will be provided with pack lunch.
- Today’s trek will end at the campsite on the banks of the river. Enjoy a delicious lunch with the picturesque view of the valley below.
Day 2: Liyoti to Kareri Lake Trek:
- After relishing your breakfast, the hike will begin, that will take you to the garrulous Kareri Lake.
- The trek will pass through the forest dominated by the Oak, Pine and Rhododendron trees. Throughout the trek, you will walk along the river which you will cross a number of times.
- After 4-5 hrs trek, you will reach the lake. Enjoy the stunning view of the Dhauladhar range and lakeside camping.
Day 3: Kareri Lake to Kareri Village to Dharamshala :
- After breakfast, spend some time exploring the area around the lake. Then trek back to Kareri Village and then drive to Dharamshala.
How to Reach
The nearest airport is at Gaggal, 13 km from Dharamshala.
The nearest major railway station is at Pathankot, 85 km away. Both cabs and buses are available from Pathankot to Dharamshala.
Dharamshala is well-connected to Delhi and other parts of North India via a network of state-operated buses as well as private tour operators. The journey is almost 520 kilometres from Delhi.
- Accommodation (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Transport from Dehradun to Sari Village and return.
- Trekking permits
- Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent and utensils)
- First aid medical kits
- Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
- Mules to carry central equipment.
- Meals during the transit.
- Any personal expenses.
- Mules to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.