Duration: 2 Days
Max Altitude: 9,914 ft
Base Camp: Pantwari
Pickup Point: Delhi Or Dehradun
Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year
₹4999 / ₹3999 + 5% GST (Delhi To Delhi) ₹3499 / ₹2799 + 5% GST (Dehradun To Dehradun)
NAG TIBBA TREK – Weekend Destination With Breath-Taking Views
Nag Tibba (Serpent’s Peak) 9,914 ft, is the highest peak in the lesser Himalayan region of Garhwal Division, Uttarakhand. It gives a name to the Nag Tibba Range, which is one of the three ranges of Lesser Himalayas, the other ranges are Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal.
Nag tibba Trek offers the majestic scenic beauty and a good trek for adventure lovers.
From Nag Tibba one can see the clear view of stunning Bandarpoonch peak, the Gangotri group of peaks, Kedarnath peak in the north, Doon valley and the snow peaks of Changbang.
Nag Tibba is located at a distance of 85 km from Dehradun and has a trek distance of approx 16 km in total. Trek gradient is moderate and can be easily covered by anyone in two days. It is the best weekend gateway destination for the people living in and around Delhi. In winters it is packed in the snow, which gives you a picturesque view of the place.
DAY 0: Pick from Delhi at 10 pm from the designated pick up point and drive for 6hrs from Delhi to Dehradun.
DAY 1: Drive 3 Hrs from Dehradun to Pantwari (4,642 ft). Then trek for 3-4 Hrs to reach the campsite.
DAY 2: Trek from the campsite to Nag Tibba Trek Top(9,914 ft) and return to the campsite. After lunch descend to Pantwari. Drive for 3-4 Hrs to reach Dehradun. You’ll reach Dehradun by 8 pm and then drive for 6 hrs to reach Delhi by next morning.
Note: At the campsite, you will be engaged in various activities like tent pitching, yoga, learning the basics of camping in the jungle and trekking. This will be a learning-based session.
Mode Of Transport:
- Tata Sumo, Bolero or similar vehicles from Dehradun.
- Indica, Ertiga, Innova or traveller etc. from Delhi.
1. Accommodation (Dome Tents)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.) – Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner on the first day. Breakfast and Lunch on the second day. The breakfast during transit from Dehradun to Panthwari is not included.
3. Transport from Delhi or Dehradun to Pantwari and return.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent and utensils)
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
8. Mules to carry central equipment.
1. Meals during the transit.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
How To Reach Dehradun
The best way to reach Dehradun is to take a train from Delhi. Here are the options –
- 12205 Nandadevi Express – 23.50 – 5.40
- 12055 DDN Jan Shatabdi – 15.20 – 21.10 (reach the previous night)
If you cannot find a train, then take a bus.
There is regular bus service from Delhi to Dehradun, from Delhi ISBT Kashmere Gate. Buses drop you at Dehradun ISBT. From there you have to come to Dehradun Railway Station.
- 2-3 November
- 9-10 November
- 16-17 November
- 23-24 November
- 30 Nov- 1 Dec
- Apart from the mentioned dates, you can also book the trek for any other date.
Day 0: Delhi To Dehradun
- Those who choose Delhi To Delhi package will be picked up from Delhi at 10 pm from the designated point. Then we will drive for 6hrs to reach Dehradun by 5 or 6 am.
- Those who choose Dehradun to Dehradun package they will travel from Delhi To Dehradun by their own. It will be an overnight journey and you have to reach Dehradun before 6 am.
Day 1: Dehradun To Pantwari Village To Campsite
- Dehradun to Dehradun package – We will pick you up from Dehradun railway station at around 7 AM in the morning, and will then head towards village Pantwari at 4,642 ft. Delhi To Delhi Package – You will continue your journey towards Pantwari from Dehradun.
- The road passes through Mussoorie-the queen of hills, Kempty Falls, and with the Yamuna river trailing on our side, reaching Pantwari at around 12 pm.
- At Pantwari, we will have a filling lunch and after some rest, head off for the trek towards camp. We will reach camp after 3-4 hours trek.
Day 2: Campsite To Nag Tibba Top And Return to Pantwari Village And Drive To Dehradun
- Day 2 needs to start early as it’s a long day ahead. After breakfast, at 5:00 am, we start on the hike to the top.
- After some time, we will reach Nag Tibba Base, which is a large clearing with a temple dedicated to the Serpent God.
- The trek continues from here into the forest on a steep incline, likely to be submerged in the snow in the winter.
- Close to the top, the trail will turn through a ridge and finally take you to the flag marking Nag Tabba jhandi, or summit.
- The View from the summit brings us face to face with the Garhwal Himalaya’s most amazing. The canvas of the sky lights up with ice-capped ranges of Bandarpoonch, Gangotri, Kedarnath, Kala Nag, and more.
- After spending some time on the top, we will descend on the same trail to return to camp. After Lunch will again descend to Pantwari and will be reached by sundown. Then a 4-5 hour drive from there will take you to Dehradun from where you will continue your journey to Delhi.