NAG TIBBA TREK – Weekend Destination With Breath-Taking Views
Nag Tibba (Serpent’s Peak) 9,914 ft, is the highest peak in the lesser Himalayan region of Garhwal Division, Uttarakhand. It gives a name to the Nag Tibba Range, which is one of the three ranges of Lesser Himalayas, the other ranges are Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal.
Nag tibba offers the majestic scenic beauty and a good trek for adventure lovers.
From Nag Tibba one can see the clear view of stunning Bandarpoonch peak, the Gangotri group of peaks, Kedarnath peak in the north, Doon valley and the snow peaks of Changbang.
Nag Tibba Trek is located at a distance of 85 km from Dehradun and has a distance of approx 16 km in total. Trek gradient is moderate and can be easily covered by anyone in two days. It is the best weekend gateway destination for the people living in and around Delhi. In winters it is packed in the snow, which gives you a picturesque view of the place.
Day 0: Delhi To Dehradun
- Drive from Delhi To Dehradun
- Pick up Location –Akshardham Metro station
- Pick up time – 11:00 pm
- Total Distance – 250 Km
- Time Taken – 6 Hours
The journey will start on day 0 at 11 pm. We will pick you up from Akshardham metro station and drive towards Dehradun. We will reach Dehradun by 5-6 am.
Day 1: Dehradun To Pantwari Village To Campsite
- Drive from Dehradun To Pantwari And Trek To Campsite
- Drive Distance: 94 km
- Trek Distance: 3.5 Km (approx)
- Time Taken: 3-4 hrs
- Accommodation: Tents
- Altitude: 4,642 ft to 7,627 ft
From Dehradun, we will continue our journey towards Pantwari village. The road from Dehradun passes through Mussoorie-the queen of hills, Kempty Falls, where we will have a 1 hr halt. After the break we will continue towards Pantwari Village with the Yamuna river trailing on our side, reaching Pantwari at around 10 am.
At Pantwari, after the briefing by our trek leader and a short break, the trek will start. It will be a 3-4 hours trek before reaching the campsite. On reaching campsite you will be served a hot lunch.
Post the lunch there will be an outdoor learning session which includes – Tent pitching, how to use a sleeping bag, backpack, trekking shoes etc.
After this session, evening snacks will be served. As the sunsets bonfire will be lit. Then at 8 pm, you will be served delicious dinner.
Day 2: Campsite To Nag Tibba Top And Return to Pantwari Village And Drive To Delhi
- Trek To Nag Tibba Top And Return
- Trek Distance: 12.5 (approx)
- Time Taken: 6-7 hrs
- Altitude: 7,627 ft to 9,910 ft
Day 2 needs to start early as it’s a long day ahead. After breakfast, at 5:00 am, we start on the hike to the top. After 2 hrs trek, we will reach Nag Tibba Base, which is a large clearing with a temple dedicated to the Serpent God.
The trek continues from here into the forest on a steep incline, likely to be submerged in the snow in the winter. Close to the top, the trail will turn through a ridge and finally take you to the flag marking Nag Tibba Jhandi, or summit.
The View from the summit brings us face to face with the mighty Garhwal Himalaya’s. The canvas of the sky in front lights up with ice-capped ranges of Bandarpoonch, Gangotri, Kedarnath, Kala Nag, and more.
After spending some time on the top, we will descend on the same trail to return to camp. Post lunch we will again descend to Pantwari and will reach there by sundown. Then a 4-5 hour drive from Pantwari, will take you to Dehradun. From here you will continue your journey towards Delhi. You will be reaching Delhi by midnight.
1. Accommodation (Dome Tents) on twin sharing basis.
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.) –
- Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner on the first day.
- Breakfast and Lunch on the second day.
3. Transport from Delhi to Pantwari and return.
- Mode of transport will be Innova Car or Tempo Traveller depending on the number of trekkers.
- If there will be 6-7 trekkers then Innova car will be provided and if the number goes up to 10- 16 trekkers, then Tempo Traveller will be provided.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment -Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent.
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
1. Meals during transit from Delhi to Pantwari and return are not included.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- 22-23 Feb – (Departure on 21 Feb at 11 Pm)
- 29 Feb- 1 Mar – (Departure on 28 Feb at 11 pm)
- 7-8 Mar – (Departure on 6 Mar at 11 Pm)
- 14-15 Mar – (Departure on 13 Mar at 11 Pm)
- 21-22 Mar – (Departure on 20 Mar at 11 Pm)
- 28-29 Mar – (Departure on 27 Mar at 11 Pm)
- You can customize the dates but there should be at least 6 or 12 or 16 people.
-Packing List for Winter
Cancellations prior to 4 days from the start of the trek
- Book any other trek or get a 100% refund.
(Note: If the trek charges are more, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellations prior to 3 days from the start of the trek.
- Book any other trek or get a 50% refund.
Cancellation less than 2 days to the start of the trek
- Transfer your trek to other dates otherwise No refund.
- Change of trek batch is dependent on the availability of seats in the batch.
- In case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements put forward by Hike Brothers.
- Hike Brothers holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.