Duration: 2 Days
Highest Altitude: 9,914 ft
Average Temperature: Day time: 12°C-16°C; Night time: 6°C-10°C
- A weekend getaway destination with breath-taking views of the Himalayas. Nag Tibba (Serpent’s Peak) 9,914 ft, is the highest peak in the lesser Himalayan region of Garhwal Division, Uttarakhand.
- It gives a name to the Nag Tibba Range, which is one of the three ranges of Lesser Himalayas, the other ranges are Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal. Nagtibba offers the majestic scenic beauty and a good trek for adventure lovers.
- From Nag Tibba one can see the clear view of stunning Bandarpoonch peak, the Gangotri group of peaks, Kedarnath peak in the north, Doon valley and the snow peaks of Changbang.
- It is located at a distance of 85km from Dehradun and with a trek distance of approx 16 km in total. Trek gradient is moderate and can be easily covered by anyone in two days. It is the best weekend gateway destination for the people living in and around Delhi. In winters it is packed in the snow, which gives you a picturesque view of the place.
- DAY 1: Drive 3 Hrs from Dehradun to Pantwari(4,642 ft). Then trek for 3-4 Hrs to reach Thath ft(campsite-5,906)
- DAY 2: Trek from Thath to Nag Tibba Top(9,914 ft) and return to Thath. After lunch descend to Pantwari. Drive for 3-4 Hrs to reach Dehradun.
Day 1: Dehradun To Pantwari Village To Thath
- We will pick you up from Dehradun railway station at around 7 AM in the morning, and will then head towards village Pantwari at 4,642 ft.
- The road passes through Mussoorie-the queen of hills, Kempty Falls, and with the Yamuna river trailing on our side, reaching Pantwari at around 12 pm.
- At Pantwari, we will have a filling lunch and after some rest, head off for the trek towards camp. We will reach camp after 3-4 hours trek.
Day 2: Thath To Nag Tibba Top And Return to Pantwari Village And Drive To Dehradun
- Day 2 needs to start very early as it’s a long day ahead. After breakfast, at 5:00 am, we start on the hike to the top.
- After some time, we will reach Nag Tibba Base, which is a large clearing with a temple dedicated to the Serpent God.
- The trek continues from here into the forest on a steep incline, likely to be submerged in the snow in the winter.
- Close to the top, the trail will turn through a ridge and finally take you to the flag marking Nag Tabba jhandi, or summit.
- The view from the summit brings us face to face with the Garhwal Himalaya’s most amazing. The canvas of the sky lights up with ice-capped ranges of Bandarpoonch, Gangotri, Kedarnath, Kala Nag, and more.
- After spending some time on the top, we will descend on the same trail to return to camp. After Lunch will again descend to Pantwari and will be reached by sundown. Then a 4-5 hour drive from there will take you to Dehradun from where you can arrange an overnight journey.
Note: On Day 2, you’ll reach Dehradun by 8 pm. You can book your travel any time after 10 pm
1. Accommodation (Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Transport from Dehradun to Pantwari and return.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
8. Mules to carry central equipment.
1. Meals during the transit.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- The following refund shall be payable to the user in case of valid cancellation of a booking:
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.
4th – 5th May
11th – 12th May
18th – 19th May
25th – 26th May
8th – 9th June
- Apart from the mentioned dates, you can also book the trek for any other date.