PATANGNIYA TOP TREK
Region: Chirbatiya, Uttarakhand
Duration: 2 Days
Highest Altitude: 8,230ft
Average Temperature: Day time: 10°C-25°C, Night time: -2°C-5°C
- Chirbatiya, a picturesque tiny hamlet in the Gharwal range of Himalayas is host to a splendid Patangniya Top trek. Chirbatiya is strategically located in the Hindu pilgrimage route of Badrinath Yatra. The village gets huge footfall because all the tourist to Badrinath and Kedarnath from Gangotri and Yumnotri pass through the village.
- Patangniya is a sweet weekend trek and completely unexplored till now. This trek is a complete package with the prettiest forests trails, dominated by pine, oak and rhododendron trees, lush green meadows, a small lake and stupendous view of Garhwal Himalayas. Patangniya is a huge meadow with a view of a valley below and Himalayan Peaks in front.
- One of the biggest attraction of this trek is the view of the Gharwal Himalayas throughout the trek.
- During this trek one also get a chance to visit famous Tehri lake, where one can indulge in varied water sports, Tehri dam the highest dam in India and Devprayag, one of the Panch Prayag where Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers meet and take the name, Ganga.
- Due to its easy gradient and accessibility, it is the best weekend gateway for the people living in and around Delhi.
- Day 1 : Reach Rishikesh – Drive (178Km-6hrs) via Tehri Dam to reach Chirbatiya (7545ft)– Trek for 10km approx. to Patangniya Top(8,530ft)
- DAY 2 : Trek from Patangniya Top to Palakurali village To Dugadda. Drive for 6 Hrs to reach Rishikesh Via Rudraprayag and Devprayag.
Note : We will reach Rishikesh by 6 pm.
Day 1: Rishikesh to Chirbatiya to Patangniya Top
- We will pick you up from Rishikesh at around 6:30 AM in the morning, and will then head towards Chirbatiya village at 7545 ft.
- The road passes through the famous Tehri lake, Tehri dam-the highest dam in India and Ghansali reaching Chirbatiya at around 12 pm.
- At Chirbatiya, we will have a filling lunch and after some rest, head off for the trek towards Patangniya.
- In the beginning, the trails climb up towards the left of the village with a view of road and valley below and enter Pine tree forest. Continuing on this trail we will reach Chound. From here the forest becomes more dense with the addition of oak and rhododendron trees. You will find a lot of clear water streams on this section.
- Crossing this section we will reach Khalwa khark which is above Khalwa village- a small goat village. From here a 20-minute trek will take you to Rai jheel- a natural lake with a small mud hut in front.
- Further, from here the trail is completely inside the forest and open to a vast lush green meadow with a view of Gharwal Himalayas on the right. This is a large meadow of around 1 km. We will camp on the other side of this meadow.
DAY 2: Patangniya Top to Dugadda to Rishikesh.
- After Scrumptious breakfast, we will trek down to Dugada via Palakurali Village. The trail passes through the oak forest and is an easy descend. It will take around 2 hrs to reach Dugada.
- From here we will drive back to Rishikesh via Devprayag. We will reach Rishikesh by 6 pm.
- Accommodation (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Transport from Rishikesh to Chirbatiya and return.
- Trekking permits
- Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent and utensils)
- First aid medical kits
- Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
- Mules to carry central equipment.
- Meals during the transit.
- Any personal expenses.
- Mules to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.