Patangniya Top Trek is a splendid weekend trek located in Chirbatiya, a picturesque tiny hamlet in the Gharwal range of Himalayas. Chirbatiya is strategically located in the Hindu pilgrimage route of Badrinath Yatra. The village gets huge footfall because tourist to Badrinath and Kedarnath from Gangotri and Yumnotri pass through the village.
Patangniya is a sweet weekend trek and completely unexplored till now. This trek is a complete package with the prettiest forests trails, dominated by pine, oak and rhododendron trees, lush green meadows, a small lake and stupendous view of Garhwal Himalayas. Patangniya is a huge meadow with a view of a valley below and Himalayan Peaks in front.
One of the biggest attraction of this trek is the view of the Gharwal Himalayas throughout the trek.
During this trek one also get a chance to visit famous Tehri lake, where one can indulge in varied water sports, Tehri dam the highest dam in India and Devprayag, one of the Panch Prayag where Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers meet and take the name, Ganga.
Day 0: Delhi To Rishikesh
- Drive from Delhi To Rishikesh
- Pick up Location –Akshardham Metro station
- Pick up time – 10:00 pm
- Total Distance – 250 Km
- Time Taken – 6 Hours
The journey will start at 11 pm on Day 0. We will pick you up from Akshardham metro station at 10 pm. Then we will drive towards Rishikesh.
We will reach Rishikesh by 5-6 am.
Day 1: Rishikesh to Chirbatiya to Patangniya Top
- Drive from Rishikesh To Chirbatiya And Trek To Patangniya Top
- Drive Distance: 150 km
- Trek Distance: 4.5 Km (approx)
- Time Taken: 3-4 hrs
- Accommodation: Tents
- Altitude: 7545 ft to 9100 ft
From Rishikesh, we will head towards Chirbatiya village at 7545 ft. The road passes through the famous Tehri lake, Tehri dam-the highest dam in India and Ghansali reaching Chirbatiya at around 12 pm.
At Chirbatiya, we will have a filling lunch and after some rest, head off for the trek towards Patangniya. In the beginning, the trails climb up towards the left of the village with a view of road and valley below and enter Pine tree forest. Continuing on this trail we will reach Chound.
From here the forest becomes more dense with the addition of oak and rhododendron trees. You will find a lot of clear water streams on this section. Crossing this section we will reach Khalwa khark which is above Khalwa village- a small goat village. From here a 20-minute trek will take you to Rai jheel- a natural lake with a small mud hut in front.
Further, from here the trail is completely inside the forest and open to a vast lush green meadow with a view of Gharwal Himalayas on the right. This is a large meadow of around 1 km. We will camp on the other side of this meadow.
DAY 2: Patangniya Top to Dugadda to Delhi.
- Trek from Patangniya To Dugadda And Drive To Delhi
- Drive Distance: 150 km
- Trek Distance: 2 Km (approx)
- Total Time Taken: 12 hrs
After scrumptious breakfast, we will trek down to Khalwa village. The trail passes through the oak forest and is an easy descend. It will take around 2 hrs to reach the road head.
From here we will drive back to Delhi via Tehri lake. We will reach Delhi at 10 pm.
1. Accommodation will be in Dome Tents or Guest House (Twin/ Tripple Sharing)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.) –
- Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner on the first day.
- Breakfast on the second day.
3. Transport from Delhi to Chirbatiya and return.
- Mode of transport will be – Swift, Ertiga, Innova, Traveller. It will depend on the number of Trekkers.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent.
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
1. Meals during transit from Delhi To Chirbatiya and return are not included.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- 22-23 Feb – (Departure on 21 Feb at 9 Pm)
- 29 Feb- 1 Mar – (Departure on 28 Feb at 9 pm)
- 7-8 Mar – (Departure on 6 Mar at 9 Pm)
- 14-15 Mar – (Departure on 13 Mar at 9 Pm)
- 21-22 Mar – (Departure on 20 Mar at 9 Pm)
- 28-29 Mar – (Departure on 27 Mar at 9 Pm)
- You can customize the dates but there should be at least 6 or 12 or 16 people.
Cancellations prior to 4 days from the start of the trek
- Book any other trek or get a 100% refund.
(Note: If the trek charges are more, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellations prior to 3 days from the start of the trek.
- Book any other trek or get a 50% refund.
Cancellation less than 2 days to the start of the trek
- Transfer your trek to other dates otherwise No refund.
- Change of trek batch is dependent on the availability of seats in the batch.
- In case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements put forward by Hike Brothers.
- Hike Brothers holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.