Tehri Lake Adventure – Scenic Destination With Thrilling Water Sports And Lake Side Camping
Tehri Lake Adventure has perched at an elevation of 5577.42 ft Tehri Lake is Asia’s largest human-made lake. It is located on the confluence of Bhagirathi and Bhilangna Rivers in Tehri Gharwal, Uttarakhand.
The lake spread over an area of 42 Km2 and 260m deep. Its surrounded by the lush green mountains presenting a surreal spectacle in its blue colour. The lake also called by another name Tehri Jheel in local Gharwali language.
The lake formed after the construction of Tehri dam in the year of 2006. Tehri Dam is the highest dam in India and second highest in Asia. It is 855 ft Tall and 1,886 ft wide.
Located in the picturesque settings of Uttarakhand Tehri Jheel is a perfect destination for water sports seekers. Various thrilling tehri lake adventure water sports like- Jet attack, Jet Ski, Water Scooter, Surfing, Bumper Ride, Banana Ride etc. are offered at the lake.
Along with water sports, Tehri lake is also a perfect destination for camping. In fact, it is best for travellers who are in search of peace amidst nature.
Camping beside the lake with lushgreen mountains in backdrop is a rare opportunity. Also while camping you can see the splendid reflection of the sky and lush green mountains in the lake.
Another attraction near Tehri lake is the beautiful town of New Tehri. It was built during the construction of Tehri Dam. Over the years it has been developed into a major tourist attraction. The main attraction is the splendid view of the massive lake and Tehri Dam.
With so much to offer and close proximity to Delhi, Tehri Lake is a perfect weekend adventure destination for people living in Delhi.
Day 0: Delhi To Haridwar
- We will pick you up from Delhi at 11 pm from Akshardham Metro Station. Then we will drive for 5hrs to reach Haridwar by 5 am.
- At Haridwar, there will be a halt for 1 hr. You can take a dip in the holy Ganges and spend some time at the banks of the river. After that, we will continue our journey.
Day 1: Haridwar To Tehri Lake To Campsite
- After Haridwar, we will pass through Rishikesh, Narendra Nagar. After Narendra Nagar, we will stop at Agra Khal for breakfast for half an hour.
- We will reach Tehri Lake by 12 pm. At Tehri- Lake we will have a filling lunch and after some rest, we will visit Tehri Dam. After coming back from Tehri Dam you can explore the lake. Then at between 4-5 Pm you will be transported to the other side of the lake by boat. From there you will trek to a campsite.
- At the campsite, you will have evening snacks and then bonfire with music and dinner.
Day 2: Campsite To Tehri lake To Delhi
- On day 2 after breakfast at 9 am you will be transported to the other side of the lake. Then you will indulge in water sports for some time.
- From there you will again drive back for 10 hrs to reach Delhi.
Note: Package includes only two water sports- Jet Ski and Powerboat. If anyone wants to indulge in more sports then they have to pay for it.
- Accommodation (Camps)
- Meals while on tour (Veg / Non-veg .) – Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner on the first day. Breakfast on the second day. The breakfast during transit from Delhi to Tehri lake is not included.
- Transport from Delhi to Tehri Lake and return.
- Tour permits
- Meals during the transit.
- Any personal expenses.
Mode Of Transport:
- Indica, Ertiga, Innova or traveller etc. from Delhi.
- The following refund shall be payable to the user in case of valid cancellation of a booking:
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.