TEHRI LAKE ADVENTURE – Water Sports- Camping
Duration: 2 Days
Pickup Point: Delhi
Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year
₹5599 / ₹4499 + 5% GST (Delhi To Delhi)
Experience Goa in the Tehri Lake
Perched at an elevation of 5577.42 ft Tehri Lake is Asia’s largest man-made lake. It is located on the confluence of Bhagirathi and Bhilangna Rivers in Tehri Gharwal, Uttarakhand.
Tehri lake in local Gharwali language is also known as Tehri Jheel. The lake is spread over an area of 42 Km2 and is 260m deep, surrounded by lush green mountains presenting a surreal spectacle in its blue colour.
The lake was formed after the construction of Tehri dam in 2006. This is the highest dam in India and second highest in Asia, being 855 ft high and 1,886 ft long.
Located in the picturesque settings of Uttarakhand Tehri lake is a perfect destination for adventure seekers. Various thrilling water sports like- Jet attack, Jet Ski, Water Scooter, Surfing, Bumper Ride, Banana Ride etc are offered in the lake.
Along with water sports, Tehri lake is also a perfect destination for camping. In fact it is best for travellers who are in search of peace amidst nature.
Camping in such a setting beside the lake is a rare experience. While camping you can also see the splendid reflection of the sky and lush green mountains in the lake.
Another attraction near Tehri lake is the beautiful town of New Tehri. The town was formed during the construction of Tehri Dam and over the years it has developed into a major tourist attraction. The main attraction is the splendid view of the masiive lake and Tehri Dam.
With so much to offer and close proximity to Delhi, Tehri Lake is a perfect weekend adventure destination for people living in Delhi.
DAY 0: Pick from Delhi at 11 pm from the Akshardham metro station and drive for 10 hrs from Delhi to Tehri Lake. On the way, there will be a short halt at Haridwar and then another halt for breakfast at Agra Khal.
DAY 1: Reach Tehri lake by 12 pm. After lunch visit Tehri dam and explore the lake. At 4 Pm reach campsite on the other side of the lake by boat.
DAY 2: After breakfast leave camp at 9 am and reach the other side of the lake. Then indulge in water sports. After that drive 10 hrs to reach Delhi.
Note: Package includes only two water sports- Jet Ski and Powerboat. If anyone wants to indulge in more sports then they have to pay for it.
- Accommodation (Camps)
- Meals while on tour (Veg / Non-veg .) – Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner on the first day. Breakfast on the second day. The breakfast during transit from Delhi to Tehri lake is not included.
- Transport from Delhi to Tehri Lake and return.
- Tour permits
- Meals during the transit.
- Any personal expenses.
Mode Of Transport:
- Indica, Ertiga, Innova or traveller etc. from Delhi.
- 5-6 October
- 12-13 October
- 19-20 October
- 26-27 October
- Apart from the mentioned dates, you can also book the tour for any other date.
Day 0: Delhi To Haridwar
- We will pick you up from Delhi at 11 pm from Akshardham Metro Station. Then we will drive for 5hrs to reach Haridwar by 5 am.
- At Haridwar, there will be a halt for 1 hr. You can take a dip in the holy Ganges and spend some time at the banks of the river. After that, we will continue our journey.
Day 1: Haridwar To Tehri Lake To Campsite
- After Haridwar, we will pass through Rishikesh, Narendra Nagar. After Narendra Nagar, we will stop at Agra Khal for breakfast for half an hour.
- We will reach Tehri Lake by 12 pm. At Tehri- Lake we will have a filling lunch and after some rest, we will visit Tehri Dam. After coming back from Tehri Dam you can explore the lake. Then at between 4-5 Pm you will be transported to the other side of the lake by boat. From there you will trek to a campsite.
- At the campsite, you will have evening snacks and then bonfire with music and dinner.
Day 2: Campsite To Tehri lake To Delhi
- On day 2 after breakfast at 9 am you will be transported to the other side of the lake. Then you will indulge in water sports for some time.
- From there you will again drive back for 10 hrs to reach Delhi.