DURATION: 7 days
HIGHEST ALTITUDE: 11,700 ft
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE: Day time: 8°C-15°C; Night time: -5°C-3°C
- Har Ki Dun Trek picturesque valley nestled in the western part of Gharwal Himalayas. It is a cradle shaped valley located at the base of Har Ki Dun peak and accessible through Govind National Park which is rich in flora and fauna.
- Har Ki Dun Trek is host to the most beautiful alpine meadows, pine forest and most isolated villages of India which are still unaffected by civilization. The major attraction on the Har Ki Dun trek is the view of Himalayan peaks like Swargarohini – I, II, III, Bandarpoonch and Black peak.
- Apart from the Himalayan peaks, it is also rich in flora and fauna making it a delight for trekker in both summer and winter.
- On this trek, one can spot a Black bear, Langoors, wild Boars, Golden eagles and the colourful Himalayan Monal.
- Har Ki Dun Trek valley is known as Valley Of Gods because, in Indian mythology, it is believed that Pandavas took this root to ascend heaven.
Day 1: Reach Sankri,10 hours drive from Dehradun.
Day 2: Drive from Sankri (6,397 ft) to Taluka (7,953 ft). Trek from Taluka to Pauni Garaat(8,200ft).
Day 3: Pauni Garaat to Har Ki Dun. 8 km-6 hours.
Day 4: Har Ki Dun-Marinda lake and back. 6 km-5 hours
Day 5: Har ki Dun to Osla. 8 km-5 hours.
Day 6: Osla to Sankri via Taluka. 22km-6 hour
Day 7: Sankri to Dehradun, 220 km drive-10 hours.
- You will be staying at a lodge in Sankri. The stay on all other days is in tents (2 per tent).
- Carry a copy of their photo id for entry at forest check posts on the trek.
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri
Our representative will pick up the trekkers at Dehradun railway station at 6:30 am in the morning. It is a 10 hrs drive from Dehradun to Sankri. Sankri is a quaint village and base camp for few treks like Kedarkantha, Bali Pass and Borasu Pass.
- The drive will pass through the famous Masourrie then crossing Nainbagh, Naugaon, Purola, Mori and Netwar before reaching Sankri. Purola is the last place where you will have a good network. From here onwards network gets weak and BSNL is the only reliable network.
After reaching Sankri you can explore the market and buy any trek essential, as they are available in the market.
Day 2: Sankri to Pauni Garaat via Taluka
After early scrumptious breakfast, leave for the Taluka village. To reach Taluka drive for 12 km which will take 1 hour. From Taluka, start the trek towards, Pauni Garaat.
- The trail descends to the bank of Thamsa river and continues through the dense coniferous forest with a river flowing on the right. It is an easy level walk till the first bridge(cemented) and continues until the second bridge of wood.
After 30 minutes hike from here, you will reach a spot where you can descend to a tributary of River Thamsa. Cross this tributary via a wooden bridge. Continuing to trek on the same trail for few km you will reach a clearing. This is the Pauni Garaat campsite.
Day 3: Pauni Garaat to Har Ki Doon
- From Pouni Garat we will be heading for Har Ki Doon Valley. The terrain will be slightly moderate than last day. It will take approximately 7-8 hour walk to reach Har Ki Doon Campsite.
Day 4: Har Ki Doon-Marinda lake and back
- Distance: 6 km, Altitude: 13000 ft
- On day 4 we will be visiting Marinda tal lake and come back to har ki doon camp again. We have
to walk 3 km towards uphill to reach Marinda tal lake. We will take packed lunch with us, have it
there and return to camp after spending a few hours.
Day 5: Har ki Doon to Osla
- Distance: 11km, Altitude: 8375ft
- After having healthy breakfast on day 5, we will climb down towards OSLA. It’s an easy downhill
walk and will take 3-4 hours to cover the 11km distance.
Day 6: Osla to Sankri via Taluka
- Altitude: 7,950 ft (taluka) to 6,400 ft (sankri), Distance: 13 km trek + 12 km drive
- Today is a 5 hr journey back to Taluka where vehicles will be waiting for you.
Day 7: Sankri to Dehradun
- Drive for 10hr to reach Dehradun with breakfast and lunch on the way. We will reach Dehradun by 6 pm.
1. Accommodation (Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Transport from Dehradun to Pantwari and return.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent and utensils)
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
8. Mules to carry central equipment.
1. Meals during the transit.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- The following refund shall be payable to the user in case of valid cancellation of a booking.
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.