Region: Dharamkot, Himachal Pradesh
Duration: 2 Days
Highest Altitude: 9,350 ft
Nestled in the laps of magnificent Dauladhar range Triund Trek is a picturesque and which will mesmerise you with its beauty. It offers a splendid view of Dhauladhar ranges on one side and the Kangra valley on the other. The trek begins at Maclodganj near Dharamshala, the place where Dalai Lama stayed in exile. Macleodganj fascinates one with its vibrant Tibetian culture, monasteries, prayer flags and wheels, and the lamas. The Triund makes for an alluring trek destination with undulating and steep but well-defined trails through the lush green forests of oak, deodar, and rhododendron. It is a small and easy trek, hence ideal for first-time trekkers and best getaway for the weekend.
Day 1: Reach McLeodganj – Drive (7.8Km-30 min) to reach Dharamkot– Trek for 9km approx. to Bhagsu Nag –Triund (9,350 ft)
Day 2: Trek down from Triund to Bhagsu Nag and drive to McLeodganj.
Day 1:McLeodganj to Dharamkot to Bhagsu Nag to Triund (9,350 ft)
- Reach Mcleodganj by 9 am. We will drive by Taxi to Dharamkot which is a 30-minute drive. At Dharamkot you will be briefed by HBA representative.
- The trail from Dharamkot is easy and passes Bhagsu Nag and Galu Devi temple. It takes around 3 hours from temple to reach Triund. But after a gradual ascent, you will come across slightly strenuous, but manageable 22 curves before you reach Triund.
Day 2:Triund to Bhagsu Nag to Dharamkot to McLeodganj.
- After scrumptious breakfast, we will start descending towards Bhagsu Nag and then to Dharamkot. We will reach by afternoon and then drive to Macleodganj. You can book an evening bus back to your home or stay overnight on your own.
Best Time To Trek Triund
April, May, June, September and October are the best months.
How To Reach :
Flight: From Delhi, you can fly to Dharamshala, or take a connecting flight from whichever city you’re coming from.
Road: Alternatively, you can get on an overnight bus from Delhi to Dharamshala. There are frequent Volvo buses to McLeodganj from Delhi/Chandigarh. The bus usually takes 11 to 12 hours to reach McLeodganj from Delhi.
Rail: Nearest station is Pathankot. Many Jammu Trains stop there. Book tickets on Delhi-Pathankot Super Fast Express. Take a bus or a cab from Pathankot to Dharamshala which is about 2 to 3 hours away.
1. Accommodation (Camping)
2. Meals (Veg.)
3. Transport from Mcleodganj to Dharamkotand return.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tentand utensils
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
1. Meals during the transit.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.