VALLEY OF FLOWERS TREK
DURATION: 6 days
HIGHEST ALTITUDE: 14,400 ft
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE: Day time:12°C-20°C; Night time: 4°C-10°C
- Valley of flowers Trek is among the Indian National park which has been declared as a UNESCO world heritage site and is known for its alpine meadows of the variety of flora.
- Nestled at 12066.93 ft in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand it spreads over a vast expanse of 87 square km approx- 8km long and 2 km wide.
- It is the only trek where flowers bloom everywhere in a bunch of colours and the colour of valley seems to be changing throughout the season.
- Valley of flowers Trek is a picturesque trek passing through the dense forest, with Pushpawati river on your side. This trek is great for those who want to start their journey of Himalayan treks.
- Another attraction of this trek is the –Hemkund Sahib. It is an important pilgrimage site for Hindus and Sikhs. Hemkund is the picturesque Lokpal lake located at an altitude of 14202.76ft.
- To see the valley bloomed in its splendid flora, trek in the monsoon months- July – August.
Day 1: Reach Joshimath(6,200ft), 10 hours drive from Haridwar.
Day 2: Drive to Govind Ghat (6,300 ft) to Poolna (7,200 ft)-4 km drive. Trek to Ghangria (9,843 ft); 5-6 hours, 9 km.
Day 3: Trek from Ghangria (9,600 ft) to Valley of Flowers Trek (11,500 ft) and back; 6 hours, 7.4 km.
Day 4: Trek from Ghangria (9,600) to Hemkund Sahib (14,107 ft) and back; 8-9 hours, 12 km.
Day 5: Trek from Ghangria (9,600 ft) to Govind Ghat (6,300 ft). Drive to Joshimath; 4 hours, 9 km trek, 4 km drive
Day 6: Depart from Joshimath. You will reach Haridwar between 6.00 pm and 7.00 pm.
- Stay will be in lodges on all days.
- Book your further travel from Haridwar after 8 pm.
- Food during transit will be provided by us.
- Carry a photocopy of your Identity Card.
- Joshimath is the last place that you will find an ATM.
- BSNL networks will be available at Govindghat, after which there will be no mobile connectivity.
Day 1: Haridwar to Joshimath
- Distance- 275 km,Driving Time-10-11 hrs, Altitude 6,200ft.
The journey will begin at Haridwar railway station where our representative will pick up you. The drive will pass through the adventure capital -Rishikesh, panchprayag -Devaprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag, Nandaprayag, and Vishnuprayag. It will be a long but exciting journey.
We will reach Joshimath in the evening and will stay in a homestay. At Joshimath network connectivity is full and you can even explore the market around.
Day 2: Joshimath to Ghangaria Trek
- Drive- 4 km 20 minutes, Govindghat to Pulna (6,800ft), Trek – 9 km 4 hours, Pulna to Ghangaria (9,800ft).
After early breakfast, we will drive to Govindghat which is 22 km from Joshimath. From Govindghat we will again drive 4 km to Pulna in 20 minutes.
- Pulna is the starting point of the trek. The trail from here is clearly stone paved and gradually ascend till Ghangaria. You will find lots of shops on the way.
After a trek of 5-6 hours, you will reach Ghangaria, where stay will be at the guest house.
Day 3: Ghangaria to <strong>Valley Of Flower trek</strong> to Ghangaria.
Altitude- 11,500ft, Distance- 4 km, each way, Trek – 7 hours.
- After scrumptious breakfast leave for Valley of flowers Trek. The trail is well laid out and will be a level walk up to Valley of flowers. You will be provided with the packed lunch as there will be no eateries on the way.
- As soon you enter the valley you will be mesmerized by the beauty of the place. The whole valley is covered with a variety of flowers of red, green, blue, yellow colours.
- Prominent flowers you will see in monsoon include Meadow Geranium, Snake Foil, Hooked Stick Seed, Himalayan Rose, Blue Poppy, River Anemone, White Leaf Hog Foot and Dog Flower. After spending some time in the valley return to Ghangaria.
Day 4: Ghangaria to Hemkund to Ghangaria
- Altitude-14,100 ft.Distance- 5.5 km, each way, Trek – 7 hours.
- Trek to Hemkund Sahib is on well-laid sone pathway. The trail will have mixed ascent. After reaching Hemkund Sahib explore the place and eat hot lunch served at Gurduwara langar. You will find Brahma Kamal in abundant around Gurudwara as it grows at heights of 10,000 ft to 15,000 ft.
Post scrumptious lunch leave Hemkund and trek down to Ghagaria.
Day 5: Ghangaria to Govindghat and drive to Joshimath
- Distance to Govind Ghat- 13 km, Trek -5 hours, Drive- 20 mins
- After early breakfast trek down to Govindghat and then drive to Joshimath.
Day 6: Joshimath to Haridwar
- The final day of the journey will begin at 6 am. breakfast and lunch will be on the way. You will reach Haridwar by 6 pm.
1. Accommodation (Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Transport from Haridwar to Haridwar.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent and utensils)
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
8. Mules to carry central equipment.
1. Meals during the transit.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- The following refund shall be payable to the user in case of valid cancellation of a booking.
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received within 20 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip or package 75% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 10 to 20 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 10 days from the commencement of the trip HBA shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation for booking made within 10 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.